- This event has passed.
Cancer prevention, care and research in England – priorities for diagnostics, local care delivery and accessing innovation
August 25 @ 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
Join the Westminster Health Forum’s online policy conference on Cancer prevention, care and research in England.
- Meeting national ambitions for cancer care, the impact of COVID-19 and priorities going forward
- Developing Cancer Alliances – progress, best practice and implementing five-year plans
- Priorities for cancer screening and prevention – accountability, accessibility and reducing inequalities
- Cancer diagnosis and care in England – progress of Rapid Diagnostic Centres, workforce priorities, meeting diagnostic capacity and delivering personalised care
- Assessing the next steps for improving less survivable cancer outcomes
- Increasing access to innovative cancer research and technologies – the use of genomics and AI, building trust, developing adoption and the role of regulation
- Progress of the Cancer Drugs Fund and next steps for improving access to cancer drugs
In particular to genomics in the NHS, attendees will hear how the NHS offer of genome sequencing has progressed so far, the benefits that a personalised treatment has been able to offer, and the opportunities for progressing the role of genomics in the future.
Keynote speaker: Professor Peter Clark (Clinical Lead, Cancer Drugs Fund)