Derivation and Culture of Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (hiPSCs) Virtual Course
December 14 - December 17
This popular course was established in 2015 in collaboration with the Wellcome Sanger Institute Cellular Generation and Phenotyping (CGaP) core facility and the UK Stem Cell Bank.
The programme will include virtual practical laboratory sessions, lectures and discussions covering the following topics:
- Approaches for reprogramming of somatic cells (reprogramming methodologies – virus and episomal; somatic cell types – skin fibroblasts and PBMCs)
- Lectures on application of iPSC cells in disease modelling, genome editing and differentiation
- Cryopreservation and recovery
- Quality control (identity, karyology, mycoplasma, sterility, cell markers)
- Assessing pluripotency and differentiation of iPSC (theory)
The course is aimed at research scientists and clinicians/healthcare professionals engaged in relevant research involving hiPSCs.
The application deadline for this course is 8th October 2020, please see the Wellcome Genome Campus website for more information.