- This event has passed.
Genomic Practice for Genetic Counsellors
February 3 @ 11:00 am - February 5 @ 3:30 pm
The fundamental aspects of genomics and bioinformatics that underpin clinical practice
The following topics will be covered:
- The role of genomics in healthcare
- Cancer genomics
- Cardiac genomics
- Testing in the real world
- Variant interpretation
- Functional studies and analysis
- Visualising and reporting genomic data
- The (future) role of genetic counsellors in genomic healthcare
Find more details on the Wellcome Genome Campus webpage and see the full programme here.
Applicants should be genetic counsellors or nurses providing genetic counselling in a healthcare setting.
Please note, this is a residential course. All participants are requested to stay onsite for the full duration to benefit fully from discussions and interactions with speakers and other students.