Genomics for Dermatology Virtual Course
November 25 - November 27
This course is designed to provide an introduction to human genetics and the genomic approaches used currently to understand disease mechanisms for those working in dermatology and skin biology.
Topics will include:
- Introduction to genetics and genomics
- Variation in the human genome
- Monogenic skin diseases
- Bioinformatic approaches to GWAS datasets
- State-of-the-art technologies such as single cell transcriptomics
- Molecular mechanisms and therapeutics in genetic skin disease
The discussion-based course is aimed at clinical dermatologists and skin biology researchers including those in training. The course is endorsed by The British Association of Dermatologists, Dermatology and Genetic Medicine (BADGEM).