Science Policy: Improving the Uptake of Research into UK Policy Virtual Conference
August 24 @ 10:00 am - August 26 @ 1:00 pm
This event will provide early career researchers (PhD students, post-doctoral fellows and early career faculty) with an introduction to policymaking, show them how to engage with policy makers, either by their research being used to influence policy or by moving into a career in science policy.
Topics will include:
- How does research inform policy?
- Getting evidence to where it’s needed
- The role of intermediaries in policy making
- International science policy
- How to influence policy as a researcher
- A career in science policy
- Meet the Parliamentarians – panel discussion with Q&A
Registration deadline is 17th August 2020, please see the Wellcome Genome Campus website for more information.