- This event has passed.
Working with Protozoan Parasite Database Resources Virtual Course
October 5 - October 9
This course aims to provide experimental biologists working on protozoan parasites with hands-on experience in genomic-scale data analysis.
The programme will include lecture and practical computational sessions covering the following topics:
- Visualisation of sequence features and next generation sequencing data using the Artemis genome browser and annotation tool
- Genome browsing and comparative genomics (ACT and JBrowse/GBrowse)
- Formulating complex biological queries in computationally accessible form
- Web-based resources including the GeneDB.org and VEuPathDB.org family of databases
- Integrating functional genomics data (RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, ChIP-chip, microarrays, proteomics, etc) with genome sequence data
- Theoretical aspects of genome re-sequencing
- Querying genetic diversity on a genome-wide scale
- Metabolic pathways and pathway and GO enrichment analysis
- Working with next-generation sequence data (mapping, variant calling, RNA-Seq etc) using both command-line and web-based (Galaxy) methods
- Introduction to community curation tools
The application deadline for this course is 6th August 2020, please see the Wellcome Genome Campus website for more details.